This last week I did something that I haven't ever done before. I bought artwork. Churchy art work too. I generally hate church art. Paintings by Greg Olson and the like just aren't my cup of tea. But there are several artists who are not Mormon, and I do enjoy their art. Behold: A detail of the painting I bought. The real one has birds and the boat also in the painting. I wasn't sure how legal it would be to put online, (probably not at all) so I added the nasty watermark, hopefully that makes it more legal...I'm really glad I bought it, it my favorite. Other art I like is the Carl Bloc paintings, and that one big one in the MOA, but I think that might be Carl Bloc too...
4 comments:
oh wow. that's neat. i want.
This is a cool picture. Who's it by? Greg Olson isn't one of our favorites either - we do like Morgan Weistling, though. You should look him up. I don't think he's LDS, but he has a few religious pieces.
do you have the name of this artist i've seen this picture in an old ensign i wanted it ever since
I'm not sure of the artist, but this full painting is sold at the BYU Bookstore- you could proabably call them and they can tell you- or you can buy a print and have it mailed to yourself.
Post a Comment