A few of you can attest to the fact that I'm slow with the up-take. I just recently found out that caffeine doesn't affect me. I was tired while driving, and decided to get a mountain dew from a place we stopped at. I drank the Dew, and was still as tired as I ever was. The sugar affected me like normal- awake for a while, then a sugar low that puts me right to sleep. I've heard from reputable sources that Mountain Dew has more caffeine than coffee. Yet as I was doing history reading, I was asleep the whole time, almost slept through my class.
I had this problem in High School too. I'm not a very good test taker, I hated the ACT. Even though I got good sleep and everything, I fell asleep every time I took it. So the last time I bought 2 Mountain Dews, one I drank before it all, and I drank the other during the break. Yeah- I still fell asleep, nothing different.
Which brings me to asking other questions. If I'm not affected by it can I still get addicted? because I've sure found out that Coke, Dr.Pepper, and Mountain Dew are a lot better than most the other drinks (except European Fanta- thats the best stuff in the world!).
Its also going to suck when I'm up late and have to drive home, and have nothing that'll keep me awake.
3 comments:
Hmmm - I dunno. I've always thought that caffine doesn't really affect me. In any case, the caffine isn't why I choose a drink. Definitely the taste, definitely Dr. Pepper :)
I say drink on!!!
Do you realize what's in that stuff? Not exactly the best thing for one to be drinking, regardless of the caffeine content. I say try more natural sodas, one's that don't have any high fructose corn syrup at very least. If you don't like them, you can always go back. There are some killer ginger sodas out there like Reed's Ginger Brew.
As for the caffeine I've found that it doesn't really affect me either(others may say otherwise), but it certainly didn't keep me awake when I took several pills of it during the last hour or two of a very, very long drive.
Post a Comment