I just ate home made Vienna snitzel mit pommes (garlic pommes). It was very yummy.
As I am in a food comma, I ought to tell the few readers I have left that this is a family blog. Won't be doing many film reviews (my system is still superior), just talking about the boring stuff that makes up my life. A big part of why I haven't been updating is that there is very little excitement going on in life. There is dating, teaching, learning, video games, swimming, and day-to-day living that wouldn't be all that interesting to the casual reader.
I'm not catching up, but I'll do a little review. I took the Praxis test today, so I can be a level 2 certified teacher- in Utah. Which is wonderful because I wont be staying in Utah. Still looking at WA to move to, might do it next summer if things go well, I'll start back at the bottom of the pecking order anywhere else, but that'll still be better than being here in Utah.
I other news, I'm learning how to cook lots, made fantasic chili two days ago. Snitzel and Fries today, turned out great. I made pfeffer sauce on pork a month or two ago, a couple different kinds of steaks. I've tried cooking with shallots and reductions, and wines. All very fun, the food tastes fantastic and its feels fancy (who knew all that stuff was so cheap). The salsa remains a staple.
I'm learning Japanese, have the Hiragana down, I would like to pick up Rosetta stone (non-pirated) and do more of it.
Swimming is more off-and-on than I would like it to be. I love everything water, and the club practices are amazing, but I miss too many of them. I can't seem to move up beyond lane 4 or 5. So many parts of my body seem to feel the need to catch up, lungs being right up there. I think I need to get testes for asthma, I might have a light version of it. The most recent practice we swam 2200 yards in the hour-ish time. Pretty good considering that at least 800 of that was stroke work and not freestyle.
Lastly a note about RSS. if you look up at the top of the browser where it says ~~blogspot.com/~~~~ at one side you will see a little radio icon. That means this blog is being broadcast to the internet. If you click on it and subscribe to the RSS or Atom then a little program will get some code and instead of checking my blog for updates, you will be TOLD when its updates and can read it right then. Its handy. Google homepage has an excellent RSS reader, I suggest you subscribe to it, in the name of laziness and becoming tech savy (mom that means you).
I will read your comments and reply. Sayoonara.
2 comments:
Welcome back. I read through some of the older posts since I hadn't seen them in so long and made other comments, ya know, just so you know someone is out there reading you up.
Go see Inception. SO GOOD!
Hey! I didn't know you were blogging again. It will be good to hear about life. Sounds tasty so far.
Post a Comment